Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stranger with Benefits?

As  I  have  grown  up  I  find  increasingly  that  boys  will  still  be  boys.    These so-called  men  I  meet  are  not  interested  in  a  relationship.   They  don't  even  pretend  for  a  few  dates  to  truly  like  you  before  trying  to  take  off  your  pants.   And  I  have  decided  that  perhaps  such  honesty  is  in  a  warped  way  refreshing  as  I  can  swiftly  say  thanks  but  no  thanks.  I  know  I'm  not  alone  with  such  experiences.    I  met  someone  on  a  blind  date  once  for  lunch.    I  knew  right  away  it  was  not  meant  to  be  a  love  match  but  we  had  an  amiable  enough  time  through  lunch.    At  the  end  of  the  meal  he  said  "I  want  to  tell  you  I'm  wildly  attracted  to  you.    How  would  you  feel  about  being  friends  with  benefits?"    WHAT?    First  instinct  was  to  throw  a  drink  in  his  face.    Instead  I  thanked  him  for  his  honesty  and  said  that  it  was  my  understanding  that  if  one  were  to  have  a  friend  with  benefits  (operative  word  here  being  friend)  one  must  be  friends  at  least,  and  well,  we're  strangers.    So  thanks  but  no  thanks  buddy.   That  he  could  look  at  me  with  his  overly  tanned  skin,  aging  him  at  least  15  years  and  think  he  was  doing  me  a  favor  by  offering  me  his  services  was  seriously  comical.    Sorry  dude,  I'm  not  that  girl.    Besides,  better  to  have  a  good  toy  then  a  stranger  with  benefits.  

Love this song...even if it's kinda wrong.   Who really wants to be the one on the side? 

No comments:

Post a Comment